Now Hiring – Job with a Purpose – Immediate Job Openings
Caregiver / Home Health Aide
Full-Time / Part-Time
Caregiver Direct is looking for compassionate people looking to make a difference in Portland, Tigard, Milwaukie, Oregon City, Gresham, and nearby cities. We have immediate openings for Home Health Aides / Caregivers who can provide companion support and caring assistance for seniors to allow them to stay in their homes safely, with their friends and family. This is important work and we’re looking for caring individuals willing to help. Work one on one with patients in their homes. Enable clients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient condition, providing support and personal services, and teaching families.
- Drivers license preferred, not required.
- Experience of 1 year, Family member care acceptable.
- Flexible Schedule, no night shifts.
- Provide routine individualized care to the elderly, convalescents, or persons with disabilities
- Monitor and report changes in patient health status
- Provide personal care, such as bathing and dressing patients
- Provide specialized healthcare such as administering medication and changing bandages
- Teach family members ways to care for the patient
- Live near Counties of Multnomah, Washington, Ozaukee, Clackamas, Multnomah.
- Positive and patient demeanor
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Being a caregiver, it´s an essential and required role throughout the country and beyond. We need more caregivers and those who are willing to put themselves into that role to help others. Being a caregiver is more than just help it connects you to your humanity on a deeper level to that person in need. ¿Are you ready to care?
Benefits of Being a Caregiver
- Choose Your Owner Hours – A flexible schedule allows many caregivers a level of autonomy by making their own hours and designating a schedule that works best for them. Some home care workers prefer part-time, some full-time.
- Diversity of Client Experience – Homecare caregivers experience a wide variety of clients with complex needs. There is no “one size fits all” situation. Caregivers have the ability to adapt to different lifestyles, backgrounds, races, and disabilities. Diversity of tasks creates efficiency and effectiveness to keeps caregivers stimulated and can make the job more fulfilling.
- Caregiving is a Helping Profession – It gives you a sense of purpose in the life of the person in need. Providing caregiving to a senior in their home brings enormous benefits to the caregiver and the family member. Often, the presence of a caregiver can allow someone to remain in their own home avoiding assisted living or nursing home care. Fostering independence and improving someone’s quality of life is the goal of caregiving.
- Taking Care of Others – Dealing with the difficult scenarios caregiving presents can be stressful, but working through the tough times can be very rewarding. No one ever thinks of helping others and bringing joy to their lives as a waste of time. It positively impacts the life of the caregiver.
- Learn New Skills and Build a Career – Caring for others helps to develop compassion, empathy, and the ability to connect with people, even in difficult times. Caregivers gain a variety of skills from their experiences and through training opportunities. It also teaches important virtues such as patience, understanding, and loyalty that benefit individuals in both their personal and professional lives.